Klingberg Wing - First attempt at a 3D printed plane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klingberg Wing - First attempt at a 3D printed plane

I've tried the provided GCodes from Thingiverse, but perimeters came out "flimsy/flakey" and fell apart. Using a Prusa Mk3S with the supplied PLA profile.
    I'm thinking Extrusion width setting?
    Anyway, when I load the .stl into PrusaSlicer, there's no internal detail. I understand that's a slicer config issue, but can't find the "FAQ' answer"on this site.
    Help!
    Last edited by OzFax; 03-27-2020, 03:59 AM. Reason: Fixed my poor grammar!

Hi,

You must use the gcodes supplied or make new ones using simplify3d. 3dlabprint provides profiles for cura on their thingiverse listings, you can try to see if they work for you, they should.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! (sitting here doing the CoVid19 isolation thing).
      Unfortunately, I haven't/don't use Simplify3D or Cura - so I guess I've got some learning to do.
      PrusaSlicer only 'sees' the internal shells as 'ghosts'. I'll see what the Prusa forum has to say about it.
      I was attracted to the KW as a step toward the 3DLabPrint planes.
      It's interesting that the 3DLabPrint test Gcodes work fine on my Prusa, but "your" KW Gcodes came out with thin, unbonded layers.

Just as well I find myself with some "inside time" to spare! I'll let you know how I go....Keep Safe!

Comment

Cura is free, simplify3d costs about 150 usd both are better than the prusa slicer

Probably has to do with the filament because I also print with those gcodes on prusas mk2 and the prints are good.

But as I wrote before, if you install Cura and use the 3d labs cura profiles and my stl files you should be able to print.

Comment

derfred
          OK, lots of exchanges on the Prusa Forum......and it just got confusing - incomplete shells, model meshing, etc etc.
          Apparently, Prusa is going to approach 3DLabPrint to get a better Prusa.3mf uploaded?
          Although, they did agree with "just use the provided gcodes!"
          Anyway, I downloaded Cura, and mapped in the 3DLabPrint profile. (It's going to take some " book larnin' " to get to grips with all its features!)
          Bottom line? Success! I'll finish the KW, and then attempt a 3DLabPrint plane.
          Thank you very much for your generous help.
          Greg

Comment

The KW is a good place to start, you will make it in less than 36 hours. I think prusa is still offering the 3dlabs small spitfire for free, if you go to their website and search on the support files it should be there, if I remember it´s only supplied in gcode but I may be wrong.

Regarding printing my gcodes. Try to see if the flow is at 100% if it is and if you can´t still get a good print try to increase the flow by 5% or so.

Comment

I'll have a look at the Flow Rate, and let you know how it turns out on a smaller part - critical path now lies along getting the KW in the air!
              Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X