F15e

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F15e

I'm building the F15E Park Flyer from the plans found on this site. This is my first foam build.

Hello Tony. Thanks for posting your build. Please keep posting, I´m curious to see a first build, if you have questions please ask, if I know I´ll answer.

Fred

Comment

Thanks Fred. So far I'm cutting out the parts and fitting them together. I had to experiment with glues. I tried a constructive adhesive for foam. It sticks very well but it does not sand well. CA Glue is too expensive for this project. I'm using Gorilla glue. It sets slower but the squeeze out sands off and helps fill any voids. A book I read on foam airplanes said to use carpet adhesive. I haven't tried this yet.

Comment

The nose is just about ready to attach. The canopy needs more shaping and sanding.

Comment

After reading member will-gallant's post in foam building, I decided to use hot melt glue to attach the foam pieces together. It seems to work better and faster than the Gorilla Glue. I do not have a low temp gun so I have to be careful not to touch the foam with the nozzle. It melts the foam. Nice thing about working with foam is that it is easy to make repairs by cutting out the bad spot and gluing in a new piece.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	702.2 KB
ID:	692

Comment

Today I bought an ebook from RCPowers on building foam airplanes. I reached the point where I need to install the servos and I am lost. I was thinking about a Flysky radio but wasn't sure because of the low price. The book assured me that the Flysky 6 channel proportional was a good radio to start with. I also liked the author's philosophy to build an inexpensive first plane since you will probably crash it. So the cheaper fan-fold styrofoam was recomended for the "Stunt Double". So now I'm researching which Flysky 6 channel radio to go with.

Comment

Hello Tony, The FS i6 is a really great transmitter. I own three as well as two of the i10.The FSi6 and the Turnigy I6 are the same just different branding. However the 10 channels are not the same. Although both are made by Flysky the Turnigy is the better one.
              So buy the i6 to get you going. There are quite a few Flysky recievers now the FSiA6 was the first its quite small and has a good range. the FSiA6B is a bigger unit that you can get plugins for.
              Look on you tube to see how to hack the recievers to give you telemetry.(Real time battery voltage of the planes battery as well as the capacity to set up a battery voltage alarm)
              I originally bought a Spekrum at the advice of my local flying club. I bought the FSi6 as a cheap backup. the Spektrum gathers dust in the cupboard now.
              Regards Whitworth
              Western Australia

Comment

Working...
              X