• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covering complete.

Comment

Originally posted by JVESPER11 View Post
      Covering complete.
      Wow..! That's one smart 'plane..! A splendid covering job; well done. Looking forward to seeing her in the air (but maybe it's not the ideal season for that..?). Good Stuff; I'm impressed.

Comment

• JVESPER11
        JVESPER11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks much. I've been following your Condor. Looks like it's going to be quite impressive.
        Last edited by JVESPER11; 12-29-2018, 02:06 AM.

Aileron servo installation.

1) 1/16" ply cut 3/4 - 1" larger than the outline of the servo.

2) The servo profile is traced and...

3) cut out. The corners are also rounded.

4) The ply plate is placed on the wing & matched to the servo hole in the balsa.

5) The outline of the plate is traced onto the covering, using a "sharpie."

6) The covering is removed, just inside the tracing. Acetone is used to remove the ink.

7) The servo plate is then covered.

8) To help prevent cracking, in the corners, ( see DeHavilland Comet,) a piece of3/4 OZ glass cloth is sandwiched between the plate & the wing skin.

Not shown: Thin CA is then wicked into the gap, between the plate& the skin.

9) The quick way to install the grommets into the rubber servo bushings. line 'em up on a jeweler's screwdriver, then just push the screwdriver through the holes.

10) completed installation.

Comment

Elevator, rudder, and nose wheel steering.

Comment

Really pissed. I managed to get the nosewheel geometry wrong and when I tried to retract it, the thing jammed and while trying to straighten it out, I pretty much wrecked the retract mechanisim. Damn.

Comment

Can it be repaired..? Replaced..? 'Stuff' happens, and better that it happens on the bench than in the air, perhaps..?

Comment

• JVESPER11
              JVESPER11 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've already ordered the replacement. Sadly about 6 hours after making another order from the same place, using my x-mas gift cards, so I paid $8+ in shipping on a $7.50 part!

Originally posted by Dad3353 View Post
            Can it be repaired..? Replaced..? 'Stuff' happens, and better that it happens on the bench than in the air, perhaps..?
            Try to think of it of being a part that cost $15, with 50c postage..! It's all in the mind, really; it costs what it costs, regardless. At least the 'plane will get its full set of retracts, that's the main thing, eh..? Still, it leaves a slight rankle; it's happened to us all at one time or another (and not just once, either..! )
            Happy New Year just the same.

Comment

Hello JVesper: I hope you replace the retractable and work well. Success in this plane and happy new year! André

Comment

Working...
              X