paint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paint

building model of thorneycroft pilot launch dowloaded from aerofred, trying to paint with acrylic paint with airbrush and compressor but not having much luck. can anyone recommend which make of paint to use. The ones I am using do not seem to spray very well. They were previously used on model boats and planes with hand brush
    thanks for any help
    Ernie

Are you trying to paint with acrylic over oracover or monokote/solarfilm? That won´t work, you have to use those polycarbonate spray paint they use on rc car bodies. I´m not completely sure about acrylic not adhering to covering film but polycarbonate paint its granted to work, I´ve used it many times.

Comment

still in a dither about what paint to use. have thought about rustoleum that i have used on static models but always brushed on. Some recommendations on e.bay seem to be createx as the best for spraying with an air brush gravity feed. Does any one agree. I am hoping to eventually make the pilot launch radio control to sail in a local pool that a model sailing club use and will try to meet some for info
      thanks
      Ernie

Comment

Hi!

I replied to your email weeks ago:

"You´re using that first layer as a primary. Over epoxy acrylic works fine, I´ve done it with those common spray cans from the dept. store."

Doesn´t this works? You can use acrylic spray and some clear spray over it just to protect the paint.

Comment

using createx opaque for this model boat but do not seem seem to get the right consistency for spraying. trying to use createx substance? thinner but still not having much luck. paint seems to stop spraying every so often regardless of pressure from compressor. Any clues any one?

Comment

mixing createx opaque with reducer 4012 but still do not seem to get a good spray. I am using a switzer compressor up to 60psi and 0.5mm airbrush. can anyone give a clue as to what ratio to mix and what pressure to use. A friend said use a brush, i.e paint brush!!!! perhaps he is right!!

Comment

Working...
            X