Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, my name is Alan and I've been making models of various sorts since I was 15. Did do a few with my dad but not many. I've tried rc flying and learned a lot about repairing aircraft and helicopters. I do however get more satisfaction in building rather than radio control and have just in the last couple of days ordered my first 3D aircraft. Really excited about it. I've taken early retirement so in theory have plenty of building time to spare.

Comment

Hello Alan,

Welcome to the forum! Your 3d printed plane is flying to you as we speak

Please feel free to post your questions and participate in discussions whenever you like.

Kind regards,
      Fred

Comment

Hi I'm Giles from Derbyshire just got back in to it due to a work injury finishing my working life. I'm ex forces 47 6 kids 6 Grandkids and married

Comment

Hi all @ AeroFred I'm jim retired, total beginner....

Comment

Welcome Giles and GOT! I hope you have great fun and great time here at the site.

Fred

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Steve, I live in Victoria Australia. I'm 66 years old and have been building and flying for 30 or so years, up until 2000 in the UK and then here when I emigrated. My Interests include traditional construction, foam (Depron) construction and 3D printing for parts and airframes. All my models are electric and I use Hitec radio gear exclusively. Looking forward to learning stuff :-))

Comment

Welcome Steve and thank you for sharing your story with us. I´m starting a 3d printing section here at the forum, will start teaching what I know about making 3d printable planes soon. Feel free to join.

Fred

Comment

Hi All, Dave Gardner here. Now at 80, I've been aeromodeling for at least 70 years! Stick and tissue, indoors/outdoors, some rubber, some power, some RC, a lot of CL over the years! ...been a CD since 1975, active in a CL Club and a SAM group (SAM8). For power, I have glow, sparkies, diesel and electric. Electric is good, but I still like my engines, being a retired mechanical engineer! I like plans for possible building...and for ideas...how did someone else do something? I do some work in AutoCAD, formerly for my work, but now just for creative pleasure!

Comment

Hi. My name is Tony. I live in Muncie, Indiana. I just retired this year. I haven't built a model since I was a teenager. I enjoy building just about anything. I want to get started scratch building. I have only built one airplane kit back in the 70's. Looking forward to building a trainer.

Comment

Welcome Dave, welcome to the forum, I´m trying to join a group of people with cad and 3d cad knowledge to share ideas on 3d printable designs, will start soon (before the summer ) please feel free to join us if its something you´re interested.

Comment

Welcome Tony, It´s nice to know you´re getting back to the hobby, I wish you many enjoyable hours building and flying. This one is a good trainer:

https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=92918

Comment

I'm Tom R. Cleveland, OH based for almost 67 years. Loved modelling since my first Dakota balsa biplane of about 24" (?). Two weeks to build and 60 seconds to have it climb to the tallest tree in the yard and stay there for a couple of seasons. I was hooked and built many planes all throughout sixties and seventies. Now retired, I'm back in it again wi a fervor, with 100" Decathalons, 69" Laser 200 3D; 1964 Taurus, Corsair, F-16 and too many others. AeroFred's great site keeps me glued to the screen always looking for another plan to research.

Comment

Hi Tom! Welcome to the forum. I hope you find great projects and have a great time building and flying.

Cheers,
                            Fred

Comment

I started this hobby in 2011 after getting a small coaxial helo for Christmas. I only did helos for the 1st 2 years b/c I could fly them in the yard or at the local park. But now I fly planes mostly and mostly am interested in scale planes and in particular warbirds. The 1st few were park flyers and I joined the AMA's Park Pilot program. Now I'm a full AMA member and have joined a local AMA sanctioned club. I hope to get an EDF soon. All my planes are foam and all are electric. I would never have imagined going from that 1S LiPo helo to a 6S LiPo powered plane back then. I spend a lot of time on RCGs but am hopeful I may find a plan here for a Bugatti R100. There are plans for it available but not in foam as far as I can tell.
                              Don

Comment

Hi Don,

Welcome to the forum.

This one is a foamie:
                                https://aerofred.com/details.php?ima...22&mode=search

Feel free to share your build here.

Cheers,
                                Fred

Comment

Working...
                                X