Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Fred. I have sent a message to have those plans upscaled to a 52 inch wingspan. I do not read the German text but it appears to be a 26in 660mm wingspan. If I can get the plans upscaled, I will post my build on a new topic I started here somewhere before I saw your post.
    Don

Comment

Hello Don,

I´ve just seen this post. Have you sent me a message about upscaling the plans? I think I haven´t received it.

This plan is tiled in A4 Sheets, I could try to reassemble it and upscale it, do you want 1.3 meter/52 inches span?

Comment

Originally posted by derfred View Post
        Hello Don,

I´ve just seen this post. Have you sent me a message about upscaling the plans? I think I haven´t received it.

This plan is tiled in A4 Sheets, I could try to reassemble it and upscale it, do you want 1.3 meter/52 inches span?
        Yes. I used the "Contact Us" form https://aerofred.com/contact.php to get the plans printed to a 52 inch wingspan vs the 26in wingspan plans. This is the pdf file:///C:/Users/Don/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/2K5SQZBU/bugatti.pdf I requested. I believe it's this one, the Bugatti 100P https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=96622

But I want to use a double size print to place over foam board and use it to cut out the pieces by outlining the lines with pins punched through the paper to outline the parts. My only experience building from foam is with FliteTest and a few of their plans. There may be a better way to transfer the lines to the foam board, but I'm not familiar with it if there is. Maybe a marker pen would soak thru the paper but pining seems to work fine. I use painters tape to make sure the plans don't move while I'm pining the outline of the parts. I have a printer but it is only good for 2 or 3 sheets before it starts printing in red, etc. I took the FliteTest file to the local Kinkos/FedEx to have printed. But having you sell me the plans already printed is what I prefer.
        Don

P.S. Using the 52in wingspan would make it a 1/12th scale since the original was a 52 foot wingspan if I remember correctly.
        Last edited by Hifin Sword; 04-22-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Hello AeroFred and and all!
          My friends call me "Johnny", and RCG Knows me ny the same name, other than bein' "an airplane nut" since i was 4 yrs old= 60 years ago, and building a few Guillow's birds through my youth, I started RC back in '1980, and been havin fun "breakin rules" ever since! Due to the fact I'm a very weird duck, I think the wright Brothers had the theory of flight correct from their first flight, and wherever the other guys got the idea to put the wing on the wrong end, has me in a fluster! I'm about to cover a pair od F3RES birds, and have 4 others to do before I can "get back on schedule" of doing Canard birds. I can assist anyone new to RC, and Sailplanes are my favorite, but I think I can trust you guys to keep my secret safe, that I have 2 engines, and lots of motors and props! Between our last move, and a heart attack a month later, I'm a tad behind, but I'll get things finished on a revised schedule system! I have been drug around by a 16 month old Canaan puppy, who is the VAMC's (MPLS) best friend, as she keeps me away from the computer, and we need to have a serious discussion of how we got to 70 degrees yesterday, the "the things to do list" were overwhelmingly easily bypassed with a trip to the puppy park! My last- and longest running job set was as a Machinist, of which manual machines were- are my favorite! well, I could go on and on, but lemme just state, I want to keep my new designs here with AeroFred! Johnny

Comment

Hello Johnny! Thank you for the great presentation post and welcome to the forum!

I think birds are the ones who know how to fly, we´re just imitating them

Please share your designs at the plans site, I´m sure many modellers from around the world will build them and have a great time flying them.

Cheers,
            Fred

Comment

Hi to all past, present and future members.
              I find that the AeroFred emails are rather addictive and like to check them all out.
              A big thanks too ALL of the plan moderators, your efforts are much appreciated.
              My name is Geoff and have been modelling for years and now I seem to run with the 4 cycle mode of (1) build, (2) fly, (3) crash and (4) repair.
              I have worked out that model flying has its own description and that being "Guts Versus Gravity" and if your not prepared to let Gravity win some time take up model trains or something.
              I really like the idea of 3d Printlabs planes and have down loaded several of the models in prep for when I get a 3d printer, (how long till Xmas Santa??????)
              I have purchased the ME109 kit from AeroFred and am in the process of construction with a house move of 1100Klm in between and still in the same State i.e. NSW Aussie

Comment

Hi Stuka! welcome to the party!
                Thanks Fred! I'm a touch distracted last 2 days with a F3RES Trophy for 3D Printing! I'm thickening the foils for the scalomg/printabilities now!

Comment

Working...
                X