For Plans requests please use the Wanted Plans thread.
Interested in scratch building the Walrus Seaplane. Anyone know where I can get a full size set of plans about 66 to 72 inch wing span. Small plane found in AeroFred. On plan first page stated that design of Walrus plan from AeroFred was by Nexus Plan Service, Nexus House, Boundary Way in Great Britian

Comments

• Hi,

I suppose that plans service is no longer around.

You can scale this plan:

http://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=91337&mode=search

Just need to scale it up and then cut the formers or the wood strips accordingly.
  • Thank you derfred. I have the small print of the Walrus but I could not get it to appear in the same format as you sent. This format allowed me to go to my printer menu, click on the "poster "tag and then enter the size I wanted
    to scale up to. I was amazed at the tile arrangement. There were 24 for 150%, when I tried 175 % there were 60 tiles and at 200 % there was 80. I did some math and selected the 200 % enlargement because I got my 6 foot plus a few inches more. Unlike copying at an enlargement, where the outlines of the parts are fuzzy. My printer gave me sharp outlines. I am 82 and have been building for past 8 years. I found out I am not a good flyer of my models as I gape at them when airborne then am slow to react when trouble happens. I get more satisfaction out of building. Formerly I bought kits but now I want to scratch build. At present I am half way in the building of the Westland Lysander. Another plan that I had enlarged so that wingspan was 74 inches. Also plan to build from scratch the Handley Page 400 as soon as I can get the wingspan enlarged to 10 feet. Then comes the Walrus, then the SE5 a kit from Balsa USA and the Nieuport 17 again a kit from Balsa USA. I have had these two latter kits for over 2 years and if I am not around to build them, my son will sell them.

Regards, Jim Plecash, Edmonton
  • Looking for a set of plans for the old pica / Dave Platt plans for the 65.5 inch FW190 D-9
  • Thanks for the Dave Platt plan. Has anyone got the corresponding Top Flight Gold eddition plan for the FW190D-9 (discontinued) 63inch ?
  • edited February 4
    Please upload SR-71 / MD-80 blackbird plans
  • Bassethound

You and I have similar situations. I am 63 and in Feb 2014 I broke my neck in a bad accident where my truck hit a 2400 lbs round bale of hay on the interstate in the fast lane. After 2 years of getting that fixed 3 days after my Surgeon released me I totaled my SUV. A lot of body and back damage, but I am getting back into RC at least drawing, building and teaching.

I am looking into several CAD Systems to learn and use towards RC. I have learned that there are many downloadable or online programs that will look at your files and make or tell you about needed changes. They also will SCALE your project. I use Corel Draw or Photoshop or any CAD program. There are completely FREE ones out there under Open Source. I am looking at "FreeCAD 16" , "LibreCAD, and BRL-CAD. A Website that you can sign up for and "Collaborate" your Projects from around the World is GrabCAD. Here you can go through a medium process to get accepted, but that program is free and fantastic, and millions can help you. It is set up with a Library of CAD projects, mainly from Catavia, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and many others, so it can change file formats between who is helping you. They may even offer 2D printing services, I know they do offer 3D Printing to send you your Project.

If you can not find a file/program that fits your situation, contact me with more specifics and I will find one. Or if your here in the USA send me your file and I will do it for you and you can then have it printed by Fred or whoever at full size without tons of "Tiles" to deal with.

BBailey
    ReKit
  • Hello B.Baily,(RedKit)- Thanks for the email. Sorry to hear about your auto accidents and injuries sustained. Takes a long time to recover. I have never tried any of the programs you mentioned. At present I think I have all the plans I will ever build from. I substituted the Walrus for a great plan of the Short Sunderland. This should satisfy my need for a flying boat. I had plan enlarged to a 94 inch wingspan. I am putting your message on file in case I decided to change direction and want an enlargement of some other plan. By the way my Lysander is close to being completed but is too beautiful to risk a crash by flying it. without an experienced pilot on a "buddy" transmitter alongside me. James
  • Hey old Friend!

I am just getting back around. I am in bad shape but I love my aircraft too much and have missed them too long. I am trying to learn 3D CAD to help out with drawing Aircraft Models to SCALE and sending them to you so when someone wants one you can just send it instead of resizing it and then printing it. I have tons from Outerzone. And a lot of Hip Pockets 3-View and Technical files to make into plans. I am just starting the CAD now.

Please go ahead and let me pay you. I have wanted to start sending some money to your site. When you ask me if that is really the plan I wanted, I forgot what it was??? But I am amazed that it is 8.5 X 11. an you use your printer to SCALE it? And can you tell me what it was???? I have been working with 1000's of aircraft Images and Plans from MANY sites. I have a certain way of NAMING the file so it has all the info I need in one place to find it.

Can you send me the plan number for the plan I bought?

Thank you!

BBailey
  • Sorry Bassethound .... Somehow I got that last Post messed up, it was meant for Fred. If you The Short Amphibian is a good flying Boat but a bear to build. Flyingboats, Seaplanes and Amphibians are a favorite of mine. Check me out if you are looking for a plan that is not here.

ReKit
  • Still Looking for PLANS for German Dornier Do X 1, 2 or 3. Very large Amphibian used for plush transoceanic flights, Any Ideas?
  • Looking for an 55 to 100in WS F-89 Scorpion. It was used mostly in Cold War Era and based mostly in Alaska. It kooks very similar to Avro Canada CF-100 Canuck.
  • Looking for Bud Modem Mr Mulligan, Jenny.
    Also looking to scale up FW190D between 138.5"-144"

Thanks
  • ReKit said:

Still Looking for PLANS for German Dornier Do X 1, 2 or 3. Very large Amphibian used for plush transoceanic flights, Any Ideas?

Sending again in case I did the reply wrong the first time. It is me Bassethound. A Dornier plan available among Aerofred's. Type in do-18k1
  • The plan quality is good, even at 200% the lines remain relatively thin.
    FW190A8 said:

Looking for Bud Modem Mr Mulligan, Jenny.
    Also looking to scale up FW190D between 138.5"-144"

Thanks

The Bud Nosen Mr Mulligan I think we don´t have. What is the FW190 you want to scale, what is the ID or URL? I can scale it and upload to the site.

• ReKit said:

Still Looking for PLANS for German Dornier Do X 1, 2 or 3. Very large Amphibian used for plush transoceanic flights, Any Ideas?

Sending again in case I did the reply wrong the first time. It is me Bassethound. A Dornier plan available among Aerofred's. Type in do-18k1
    The search box will show you what Dorniers thaere are very easily, just start typing Dor and the suggestions that appear below are the actual plane names we have.

• I would like to know this plane's name and plan if possible of member's kind.

Thank you in advance.

FullSizeRender