For Plans requests please use the Wanted Plans thread.
In all cases the plans are in pdf format. Even if you have no Adobe products, your latest browsers will allow you to read and save the online/offline plan.

However, even if you have Adobe applications you can use this tip to browse over any pdf:

Once your pdf opens in your choice of browser, you can hold Ctrl + Alt and then scroll in and out of a page. So small writing can be read even off the largest print.

CoMIYC69
Tagged:

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Moved
  • edited December 2015
    If your internet browser shows the downloaded file and location click on the file and the pdf will open online in your browser.

You can also right click with the downloaded file location and 'open with' and select your browser as the program to edit the files.

If the article is laid out in html, etc. open the page in your browser and make sure it completely loads by scrolling through the article. Pictures and some pages may not load until you scroll down the page.

You can save an internet page by right clicking in a clear area and select 'print'. Under your printer settings choose print to 'save as pdf'. Choose the location on your hard drive where you want to save and you will have a perfect pdf copy of manuals, instructions or pictures all converted to pdf.
  • edited December 2015
    http://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=93517

Have a view of this beautiful plan by arfei...

It was broken up into individual parts strictly using a browser (Chrome)
  • edited December 2015
    BTW not only will this zoom work on pdf files but it works in all new Windows platforms and browsers. Try it whenever you're on a page and there are many environments this will work with including internet pages.
  • If you have a free download of Adobe Acrobat or similar the new environment hides a lot of the tools and functions normally in the workspace toolbar. At the top right of your screen you will see three headings Tools, Fill and Sign and Comment. To see your tools just click on Tools. If a module is not loaded the option will still be in the Tools but it is unselectable. Many addons are available for free. Search around, Adobe has many free to personal use packages available for the average non-profit people.
  • Does your plan print out properly?

Zoom into your pdf file and watch the scaling. If the text and lines scale to your computer screen the project was saved in vector format which allows line printing and scaling.

If your plan pixelates or magnifies lines and text it does not scale with the computer screen it is a raster graphic and must be converted to vector before it will print and scale properly.

To convert to vector requires a copy of Adobe Acrobat or similar that will allow for conversion. Other third party converters are readily available on the internet. Either way you need to edit the file. Plans in raster will also require OCR character recognition to edit and print text properly.
  • edited March 2016
    Qualifying Plans

Basically Adobe PDF programs are fairly easy to identify as useful or not.

One way you can tell if the PDF has printing capabilities is strictly by the size. Once a file falls below a few hundred kilo-bytes you can assume the file has been saved and compiled into a compressed PDF.

When saving a PDF make sure you don't strip off the coding in the 'Save' dialog. There is a selection usually to compress the file then some dialog as to how much and type of compression. If the file is large near the limit, for upload then only use compression to, as it were, 'zip' the files. Do not discard any information in the check-boxes.

The other way to tell is mentioned above. If you can't zoom in and clearly read the text or the text doesn't re-size as you zoom in, then it is likely the Adobe compiler stripped out the information.

Similar files which are perhaps a few bytes off indicate a different computer compiled the identical plan.

***Compiling***
    You write the code using the Adobe interface. The 'compiler' changes it to PDF compiling the information into a computer file, in this case a PDF.
  • A NOTE for those that want to change the Dimensions of a Perfect Model you found but it is not the right SCALE you want. If you find a model that is 13in wingspan and you want it to be a 20in, you need to convert the .pdf file to a .svg. It can be done in Adobe, Corel Draw, Inkster, Servral "Open Source" programs, plus most CAD 2D and CAD 3D and other Utilities on the Net that will import pdf and export svg's. I lot of the PDF's are .jpg or other Image File.
    With an SVG file you can grab a corner and stretch it to the dimension you desire by using the rulers. Save it as an SVG and go to a local Media Printer and get it printer. Or send the file back to Fred and have him print it. His prices are very fair.

NOW here's the problem.You can NOT take a 13in Model and stretch it to 100in Wingspan. It would take a complete rework of the material used in the model, also the of the structural design. But you would have the almost perfect Scale outlines to start with. Starting with 30in to 40in Control Line Scale Models is a good place to start if you cant' find the size you want as to win a contest with Control Line Scale they really weigh heavy on the SCALE. Scale in CL means full Fuselage and other lines.

Just some ideas that work if you find a model of your dream aircraft and it is not exactly what you want in size.

ReKit
  • I am not sure how Fred or hlat do their but based on the comments I placed above, there are a couple other considerations. I you have 2 or 3 sheets, they ALL have to be expanded to the EXACT same size, not a 1/32in off (Some of the wood you will be using is 1/16in). So what I do and I suggest you do Is before I start anything I place a Scale Mark exactly the same size on each sheet. Then when the wingspan or whatever dimension you want to hit, I get there, and I can expand the other sheets exactly to the scale mark.
    I hope this prints out here but this .png will show you how SVG, Scalable Vector Graphics, works. Bitmap_VS_SVG.svg